Thursday, September 4, 2014 | By: Kaleigh Jean Spooner

Introductions:

What's there to say about me? I'd like to claim that I'm this utterly fascinating creature who would entertain you with various tales of my success and grandeur.

Really, though, I'm a rather boring person.

And that's okay. I don't mind being boring. 

 

Anyway, about me. I'm a homebody, as I stated before. I'm from a small town in Southern Utah. You may or may not have heard of Kanab, with it's one stop light and tiny population. Truly, I think there were more cows in the county than people...


I came to Provo to study my undergrad at BYU after high school and, well, I've been here ever since. 

My life includes a variety of things like baking (I'll bring treats occasionally to class), taking care of my adorable children, and writing.

I also have the uncanny ability to memorize movies the first time I watch them. I can recite the dialogue to you and tell you what pieces of the soundtrack fit where.

A tad geeky, and a bit useless, but it's a talent nonetheless.

Admittedly, I'm a bookworm. I love perusing the bookstore for new and exciting books, or rereading old favorites. And, there are simply too many of those to count! 

Austen.

Tolstoy.

Tolkien.

Lewis.

Lund.

Just to name a few...

I also have a soft spot for certain television programs and movies as well:

(You MAY have guessed that one)



And the list could go on...

As for this class? For me, writing is an essential part of life and rhetoric is the very foundation on which most of our interactions rely. 

Rhetoric focuses on our capacities to persuade and defend out beliefs. If we can do that, we can accomplish great things. 

Writing is a great outlet that we can use in order to persuade others. It facilitates thoughts, ideas, arguments, etc. 

If you can write well, you can do just about anything. It's my goal, and hope, this semester to help you realize the potential you all have as writers and to help prepare you for your futures in academic studies (and the writing that comes with it.). 

2 comments:

Hannah Briggs said...

I like you already. Can we be friends?:)

Kaleigh Jean Spooner said...

Well obviously! What a lovely notion. Friends it is then.

Post a Comment